“The Winning Years” is how VisitScotland have labelled the tourism events which culminate in The Commonwealth Games, Ryder Cup and Year of Homecoming in 2014. We’re told they present “a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the face of Scottish tourism”.
However, what exactly should organisations be doing to prepare themselves for 2014? What are the steps to take to ensure we get the most from the opportunities the year presents? Indeed, what are the opportunities available to the hospitality and leisure sector?
Our recent Tods Murray Hospitality & Leisure Forum had three key speakers to provide some of the answers to these important questions.
This video is the presentation by Dr Mike Cantlay, Chair, VisitScotland
The other presentations on the day can be viewed here:
- David Broadfoot MBE, Director, Glamis Castle
- Lee Derrick, Consultant, Blue Spinach and Chair of Golf Tourism Scotland
As the leading legal services provider to the hospitality and leisure sector, Tods Murray’s H&L Forum was formed to bring together leaders in the field for genuine strategic discussion, practical guidance and meaningful networking.
- View videos from past H&L Forum events
- Accessing finance in the sector
- Spotlight on tourism with Alan Clarke, Chief Executive of Northern Ireland Tourist Board
- Red tape strangulation of the licensed trade
- Join the dedicated H&L Forum LinkedIn group by clicking here
- To get in touch with a member of the team please click here
- Learn more about the team and our work by clicking here
- To sign-up to the Hospitality & Leisure Forum click here
- You can follow the debate from our H&L Forum using #HLForum – you can also follow us @TodsMurray
- To read articles and view resources produced by the team click here
- H&L Forum brings Tom Kitchin to Stockbridge – click here for the story